Nobody wants to be stuck inside scrubbing and dusting all the time. This is the perfect time to open up all your windows and let the sun shine in. It doesn’t mean you have to be inside all day cleaning though. Consider hiring a maid service in Villanova to help you with the really hard stuff. For the lighter cleaning, in between your cleaning service visits, there are ways to get things done quickly and efficiently.
When it comes to cleaning, the best approach is an organized approach. Make an outline of the areas you plan to clean in your home, schedule a time and list what tools and techniques you are going to use.
Take an inventory of the supplies you already have and what you still need before you begin cleaning. Once you figure out what you need to make sure you buy the most effective cleaning supplies. You want your supplies to work hard for you, not the other way around.
Do not shuffle from room to room when you are cleaning various tasks. If you are vacuuming your bedroom, stay in your bedroom and dust, change the sheets, etc. Don’t take the vacuum to another room without finishing up the one you were just in. You need to see the results of your hard work so that you don’t get discouraged. Having one room done in your back pocket will keep you motivated to continue.
You will never have a truly clean home if you have too much stuff lying around. Remember the 80/20 rule of thumb: only 20 percent of the items we own get used, the other 80 percent are just in the way. Decide what you have and get rid of what you don’t use. If you aren’t quite sure or ready to give up something, put it in a storage bin, store it in the garage or basement and if you haven’t looked for it in awhile, kiss it goodbye.
Focus on areas of the house that are used the most like the kitchen and bathrooms. High traffic areas are obviously the spaces that need the most cleaning. Save the hard things for your cleaning service but make sure you at least sweep the floors on a regular basis.
There are also forgotten areas in our home that go by the wayside like behind the oven, window coverings and bathroom exhaust fans. Don’t forget to tackle these areas once in a while.
We can’t all have a live-in maid nor can we clean our entire houses alone. Enlist the help of a professional maid service in Villanova to help you get your house in order. It doesn’t mean you are a bad person if you can’t clean your entire house on your own. It means you are human and you need help. Finding a maid service to come in once a week or once a month will be a huge help. They can tackle the rough things like scrubbing the tile, cleaning the appliances and doing the heavy dusting. You can tackle the little things on a regular basis but leave the deep cleaning to the pros.